What: Area Assembly
When: Saturday, June 20th from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Where: online Zoom meeting
Agenda for the Day
- 9:00 AM - Welcome, Serenity Prayer, and Introductions
- 9:15 AM - Approval of March 28th, 2020 Assembly Minutes.
- 9:30 AM - Officer Reports - Delegate, Alternate Delegate, Chairperson, Alternate Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer (5 minutes each)
- 10:00 AM - Committee Chair Reports – Accessibilities, Archives, Group Records, Literature, Newsletter, Public Information (5 Minutes each)
- 10:30 AM - General Service Representative (GSR) Sharing
- 11:30 AM - Lunch
- 12:00 PM - New Business:
- Delegates Report – General Service Conference
- 2021 Budget Draft Presentation
- Ad Hoc Calendar Proposal
- 3:45 PM - G.S.R. Report Highlights
- 3:50 PM - Announcements
- 4:00 PM - Close with the Responsibility Statement:
- I am responsible. When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.
How to Join the Zoom Meeting
Option 1 – Use the video and audio on your computer, tablet, or smartphone:
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app. It's free and you don't need to set up an account.
- Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85396803330?pwd=MjlPU2VyR3lDV0pDcnBNRHBUZjFVdz09
- The meeting ID is 853 9680 3330.
- The password is 1kpkE0.
- Video tutorial: Join a Zoom meeting on your computer
Option 2 - Call in on your phone (audio only):
- Call 1-312-626-6799.
- The meeting ID is 853 9680 3330 and password is 438712.
Tips for Using the Zoom app:
- Please use headphones if possible. This cuts down on noise during the meeting.
- Make sure you have a strong internet/WiFi connection and your device has a full charge.
- On the mobile app:
- Choose "Join with Video" and "Call using Internet Audio".
- Press your finger on the screen to see more options like Mute, Stop Video, and End.
- On the desktop app:
- Choose “Join With Computer Audio”.
Zoom Quick Guide
This guide shows you how to use all the basic features of Zoom that you'll need for the Delegate's Workshop. Thanks to Malcolm F. for making this!
How We'll Conduct the Meeting
Here's how we'll conduct the meeting in the afternoon session starting at 12:00pm.
- Raising your hand: If you joined the meeting using the Zoom app you have to click on “participants” to display the “raise hand” button. If you joined by phone call, you dial *9 to raise your hand.
- Muting and unmuting: The participants' microphones will be muted. We will call on you and unmute your microphone when it is your turn to speak.
- Questions: If you have a question during any of the discussions, please ask your question in the chat box.